Wednesday, May 16, 2007

OK, OK! I will go ....but next week.

Foot is still hurting as I limp around most the day. I ran the Des Moines Creek Park trails again yesterday and did 7.5 miles or so and the foot felt fine running I really enjoy running in there and feel like I just want to keep going. It was the first warm day of the year here in Seattle so I ran when it was over 80 degrees. I don't do well in the heat and with these summer ultra's coming up I figure I better start training in warm weather. I am beginning to think this is some strange form of Nazi Peanut Foot. (Plantar fasciitis). Nazi=pain, plantar= planters peanuts, foot=where it hurts, thats where NPF comes from. It hurts when I don't move much but seems to get somewhat better as it warms up. Who knows??? I just hope I get through 50K this weekend.

The title of this entry means I will go to the doctor next week, after the Mac 50K this Saturday. My orthopedic doc is a great guy. If anyone in the Portland are wants his name just drop me an email and I will pass it on.

Took my required six month FAA flight physical on Monday. Nurse took my BP and said "120 over 72, perfect". That is such a relief. I have been a runner for 15 years now but have always had borderline high BP (125/88 or so) until a few years ago when it final dropped to under 80 most of the time. I don't live the healthiest of lives so I have always been concerned about it. Running is about the only good thing I do for my body. With my job requiring good health I always get worried every six months. But for now it looks like I will live for another six!

No comments: