Thursday, March 27, 2008

Woo-Hoo! Slug Run!

Well some of us "Slugs" finally got together for a Tuesday night trot on Wildwood. Tom, Katie, Eric and I met up at 1730 for our first 2008 run. We just took it easy on the way out. The skies looked like they could burst at any time and of course I forgot my hat in the car. At 2.5 miles we stopped and chatted per the rules of the run. Then we started to see the white stuff. Little hail or ice pellets started coming down. We took off back for the barn and it was coming down pretty good. Little stingers on my folic-ly challenged head. It did this for only about 10 minutes but we sure got wet and cold. The trail was fun and I felt like a 5 year old splashing in the puddles. Tom and I powered up the Birch trail to the car and got the adult beverages ready. Tom and Katie had just bought a van so it was perfect to have a few snacks and chat till we got cold.

So next Tuesday at 1730 or 530 pm...join us if you want. 10 minute rule applies.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sounds like fun! I'm looking forward to joining you someday. : )