Thursday, March 6, 2008

Da Plan! Da Plan!

OK so here is the race plan so far for 2008. I am sure I will add some others and I would like to do some 1/2 marathons early this year too. 13 miles is just a fun distance, you are not gone all day, you can run hard but not that crazy 10K pace and you feel a good work out post run buzz. Marathon wise I want to get a few more states done this year but not sure where to fit them in. I am not a big travel guy anymore because it's what I do for my day job, but I have to get going on the 50 states thing again.

So here it is:
January- Redding Marathon
Feb- Valentine Marathon, Hagg Lake 50K
March- Pac Rim 24 hour run (Goal at least a 50 miler)
April- Peterson Ridge 60K
May- Mac Forest 50k, Forest Park 50K
June- Deadwood S.D. Marathon
July- SOB 50K, PCT 50 Mile
August- Where's Waldo 100K

That is as far as I have got. Waldo scares the #### out of me! Kind of like before I did my first 50 miler last year at PCT. Olga had to tell me I would regret it and always wonder if I could have done it. So her child psychology worked on me!
Fall races I have not really looked at but hope to get some travelers in then. Probably do the Portland marathon just because it is so easy to get to.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Our schedules are very similar! I feel exactly the same way about Waldo, but vowed to enter this year. Might as well try, right? : ) However, I'm not registering for any more races until I feel like I've really turned the corner on this injury. Not quite there yet, so I may miss out on Waldo this year if it fills.

Marc is doing Pac Rim and I'm helping out so I'll see you there. Maybe I'll be able to do a few slow loops.

Olga said...

You need another round of child psychology, you big baby? Give me a call, go with me for a run, and you guaranteed to get more than one!!!