Monday, December 25, 2006

Chistmas Marathon

Second time I have run this race just south of Olympia. It was a good day for a race with clouds and 40 some degrees. I have not trained much in the last month since the Seattle Marathon so I was just going in with a goal to finish in 4:30 or less. Well that's what I finished in, 4:30:15! I ran much better than I thought I would until I bonked at about mile 22 or so. That's when I got sick to my stomach, and got quite dizzy. I tried not drinking allot of poweraid this time but more water and some E-caps. Didn't eat anything but a few pretzels and a jolly rancher but I had a bigger than average breakfast.

I settled into to a nice 9:30 pace and held that until about mile 20 when I slowed a bit. Over the last 4 miles I probably walked 75%. Was just glad to finish this one, my 13th marathon. Afterwards I felt pretty sick so I just changed and heading back home. Stopped for some burgers and a Latte which did make me feel better.

Last couple days I feel good with the just the normal quad soreness. Thinking the Redding Marathon in mid January but not sure if Gail can get off work that weekend.

No comments: