Tuesday, August 28, 2007

You are what you eat

So Gail and I headed to the Oregon State Fair last night after work. We try to go for a few hours every year. The main attraction? FOOD! So here is how healthy I ate last night. 1 corn dog, 1 scone, 1 beer, 1 barbecued corn and to top it all off, a huge vanilla ice cream cone. Yep I should be on the cover of Healthy Living magazine, all 220 pounds of me.

On a more serious note, some of you from the Portland area may now Kathy Ryan. She is an awesome runner in her late 60's. She has run close to 50 marathons and is trying to join the 50 states club. Well Friday night on the Hood to Coast run she collapsed at night on the road. Luckily some women state troopers (that were running) and a nurse found her. Her heart stopped and they performed CPR. After about 8 minutes she was revived and is now recovering at OHSU. Lets all send good thoughts her way and I hope to see her out running again soon.

No comments: